Sunday, December 14, 2008

Introductory

Well, I finally decided to be a blogger. To just introduce myself, all I can say I am a keen follower of value investing. Started with Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger and went through the whole realm of other investors and other schools of investing. And in the process of trying to understand investing (especially through the Indian market boom of 2007 and bust of 2008) I figured that investing is a way of life and one's way of life dictates one's investment philosphy and not the other way around. During all this, Charlie Munger's mental models kept appealing and I have tried to dwelve deeper into understanding how things work. It is an interesting journey of collecting knowledge and wisdom and maybe trying to apply to everyday life (tough!!).

Added to this is that fact that I am a voracious reader and like to read articles and books on a daily basis. After almost 2 years of reading and understanding stuff, I thought that this is the time to start recording my thoughts somewhere. Though I like pen to paper very much, in the end blogging was my solution.

So here it goes. In this blog, I will attempt to record my thoughts about various stuff and also write my book reviews. Maybe a couple of years later when I read this blog again, I will laugh at my foolishness. After all, the blog title was inspired by Isaac Newton's quote in the header. If he could think like that, then..

No comments: